Sunday, January 8, 2012

It's a GIRL!!!!

Monday, November 28th, 2011 Ben & I went to the hospital bright and early to have our baby via a scheduled c-section.  While we were all very excited to finally find out if we were having a Boy or a Girl, there was a bit of sadness knowing that I most likely will never feel a baby kicking me from the inside.  I tried to savor every last moment of being pregnant because I really always did like it.  However, it was time for the baby to make an arrival!

We truly had no idea what the sex of the baby was.  At the 20 week ultrasound the technician kept making comments about how she wished she could be a fly on the wall to hear our reaction when we found out.  I walked out of the office feeling like it was a girl but that only lasted a few weeks.  I KNOW BOYS.  That is what we have made and to be honest, that was what I was expecting.

Josie Christine Jones made her appearance at 7:59am.  Weighing in at 8lbs 15ozs.
 Our reaction was pure shock!  Ben even had to ask the doctor "You said it's a Girl right?" just to be sure.
I think there is a part of our hearts that was unlocked in that moment, Josie changed our whole family when we first heard GIRL!

Within the hour, Josie met her family.




Daddy had the honor of changing her first diaper as I kept chanting "Front to Back!"



It didn't take long (a few hours) for MaJ and Aunt Carol to girl her up!


Dr. Dempsey



Our first family picture.

Lia and Miss Stacy came for a quick visit and brought such cute girl things!  We are so grateful for the friends and neighbors we have made here at Ft. Benning.  Josie looks so much like her brother Brent that she needed to be dressed in pinks and purples just to remind us that she was indeed a girl!


MaJ traveled 3 times to the birth of our children with the outfit that I came home from the hospital in after I was born.  We finally got to put it on our baby for her trip home!!  




1 comment:

  1. I'm loving all your updates! So so so excited that you finally have a girl.

    ReplyDelete