Monday, January 31, 2011

Life Keeps Ticking Away

This past week was full of our normal routine.  Saturday came along and offered a really nice break from the ordinary.  We all awoke with plans to head to a local Chick-Fil-A, Brent's most favorite place to be.  They were having a "Breakfast with Characters."  It was CRAZY busy.  They had their employees dressed as different cartoon and movie characters.  Brody didn't let Ben put him down but Brent kept on insisting on going to see someone.   The same thing happened each time.  "Spongebob" was followed by his clinging to my leg.  "Spiderman" was followed by him climbing me with his head buried.  The only person he was even a little willing to visit was "Minnie Mouse." 
We then headed home and decided it was too nice to not do something outside.  We went for a bike ride.  The boys really liked it and each took a nap at one point.  Ben did really good pulling them.  We ended up on a 3 hour bike ride.  We rode from our house to the "River Walk" and a little over half way to downtown Columbus.  It was so nice to be outside!! 




Last week Monday, January 24th, we lost our unborn baby.  Even though I was only 8 weeks along, Ben and I both felt a great loss.  This baby was wanted and loved even before it was conceived.  I thought it might be a little theraputic for me to write down all the details and my feelings on the event.  Seems I've turned to eating the past week to cope.  Ten pounds later, perhaps this was what I needed to do to end that!  I've put my story here.
We did receive many phone calls and cards offering love and support.  Thank you so much.  We also received beautiful flowers from the Hess family (Zac, Emmy, Piper and Calder) and an Edible Arrangement from the Johnson's (Nick, Jen and Logan).  (The picture of the fruit was taken after we already ate one round from it.)  Someone said to me that they just don't know what to say or do in this situation, knowing that they can't make it better.  I just wanted to put it out there that it was nice to have something said, something sent, a story shared or something.  Losing a baby so early makes it feel as if it almost didn't exist.  By people recognizing it and willing to discuss it made it REAL.  And I appreciated that so much.
THANK YOU!! 

1 comment:

  1. Your story was beautiful. You're very strong. I can only imagine what you're going through. I feel that what you explained in your last paragraph is how I'd feel too. In fact when Piper asked me after she heard me on the phone with you, that is almost exactly what I told her about your baby number three.
    Much love!
    ~emmy

    ReplyDelete