Monday, May 3, 2010

The Beginning...

It was an idea. I read on Emmy's blog about her desire to begin a project about documenting A Week In The Life. Sounds like a great way to recap our days and keep track of our boys growing up. So, here is day one.


We woke this morning to rain. A LOT of rain. That set the tone for the day. Whatever we were going to do today, it was going to be inside. When it was all said and done, our little pool out on the patio was filled to the very top with water.


We have had visitors for the past week, Jessica & Ava Light. We met the Light family while stationed in Virginia. They are currently assigned to Hawaii. So Jessica brought along one of her favorite snacks, Aloha Hershey's Kisses with Macadamia Nuts. So glad I cannot buy them at our local grocery store. I have had more than my share today.


Today I witnessed our baby, Brody, sit up from a laying position. I hadn't seen him do it before. Now he sits in his crib and talks when wakes up from his nap rather than just lay there. He is still only "army crawling" but he has gotten awe fully fast. He gets up on all fours and seems to know what to do next but he just hasn't made that first move yet.



And this is Brent. He thinks he is hiding. He will stand as still as he can and giggle. He went potty like a big boy twice today. While we haven't officially started training, I think it is time. Yesterday was the first time he told me he had to go and today he is begging me to change him immediately after. I think it's time to clear the calendar to give this little man his chance.








The boys needed a bath because they went to the CDC this morning for a couple of hours while I went shopping to gather a few items to send to Ben. They always seem to play hard with the other kids and I always feel they need a good bath after being there. They love their baths.







After spending most of the day playing inside our house, the playroom had to be put back together. Much fun was had. Puzzles were done, Trains were driven, drums were played, Balls were tossed, Books were read, I think everything was played with today!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm so excited about your new blog! And what a great way to start it.
    Love,
    emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading every word. We will be your biggest fan! Keep those pictures coming. Love all of you, Aunt Irm

    ReplyDelete