Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day #4 - All about Movement. . .

Today we had nothing planned. I love these days but also like to keep busy so loneliness doesn't settle in.

Brody woke up at 6:45 this morning, I DON'T THINK SO. Luckily he fell back to sleep once I brought him into bed with me. Brent had already joined me after a coughing fit at 4am so we were all together. While I know "the rules" that they should stay in their own beds, it sure is nice to wake up together. All we are missing for those few precious minutes is Ben.


After diaper changes, we headed downstairs to start our day. I put Brody down and started to make Brent his daily oatmeal. I hadn't heard from Brody so I went looking for him. Found him about to climb the stairs. Guess it's time to put that baby gate up.






I did have a few minutes this morning where I thought I was going to cry. I was busy burning my Steel Cut Oatmeal on the stove top that I didn't pay much attention to Brent pulling the Gallon pitcher of Crystal Light out of the fridge. After I told him to get out of the kitchen so I could clean it up, he casually walked over to Brody and hit him on the head. So, I walked over to him and took him over to our "timeout" spot. While I did that, Brody decided to GIJOE it through the spilled juice. All while my oatmeal just kept on burning.


After that event, I decided we needed to get out of the house. So we went on a walk. It was already in the 90's and the sun was shining bright. I love to walk our neighborhood. 3 miles later and a phone call from Ben, I was over the episode in the kitchen.






We headed upstairs so I could attempt to shower with both boys awake. My first time ever trying without someone else here. They did ok. They both hung around my bedroom and bathroom. When I came out, I didn't know where Brody was. When I asked Brent, he showed me. They both thought it was silly.















It was going on 4pm and Brent hadn't taken a nap and I didn't feel like sitting around the house with a crabby kid so we decided to go to "My Gym" to make up the class he had missed this past Tuesday. It was great. It was a smaller class than we are used to which meant more time to do the activities. It was nice. I am thinking I may switch permanently. Brent listens to "Miss Tracy" better each time we go. And today when they asked him what his name was he said "Mine" and pointed to himself. Think we need to work on that some more. . .




















I never thought I was the journaling type. . . I think I may have been wrong. . .

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic pictures today! Is that balm helping Brody's skin at all?

    ReplyDelete