Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day #2 - Not what was planned. . .


Today we said "Goodbye" to our friends, Jessica & Ava. They have a long day ahead of them tomorrow, making the trip from Atlanta to Hawaii. It was great to catch up with them. Jessica has 2 children 19 months apart so she knew what I needed, when I needed it, without me saying a word. Ava, who is 4, was the best playmate. She was patient and kind. I believe Brent may have fallen in love with her. They will be missed and I already look forward to visiting with them again.







We had many plans for the day. However, Brent woke up with an upset stomach. We tried to make our plans of attending "My Gym" happen but his stomach would not allow it. We also had plans to take our friends towards Atlanta. Those plans also did not happen. Instead, we used the time at home to do some chores. Brent's little vacuum covered just as much area as mine did today. It even entertained Brody for awhile. If only he had a toy that would clean the toilets.





After the morning had passed and most of the afternoon, it seemed Brent had recovered from whatever it was that was ailing him this morning. So we took up the invitation to attend a "Cinco de Mayo" dinner a day early.
Before leaving the house, Brent was adamant that he wear his "Buzz." I tried to explain that they were pajamas but he just wouldn't have it. So, I gave in. (I thought only little girls were specific in what they had to wear.)
Brent wore this outfit to an anniversary party. It seemed only fitting to bring out for Brody to wear to a "Cinco de Mayo" event. I can't believe it's already too small for him. He's growing up so fast!!

Brody officially crawled today on all fours. We were webcamming with Ben's parents and he just got up and came on over like he's been doing it all along. I had to do a double take just to make sure. He's done it again since but has gone back to "army crawling" as well. Maybe tomorrow he'll get it together.
After the hot and spicy food was ate, we came on home. I left the boys in the living room and I could hear Brody giggling. He was laughing so hard he could barely breathe. I came around the corner and saw Brent sitting on top of him. I couldn't help but say "Brent, get off of him." At the same time I went to grab my camera. Brent listened and got off of him before I got back. It just makes my heart smile when they play together.

1 comment:

  1. It was a pj day! Piper insisted on wearing her pajamas too. I usually don't fight her about her outfits. It was near 80 today and she was wearing flannel pants - she claimed to not be hot. Most importantly, YEAH BRODY!

    ReplyDelete