Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day #7 - "A Week In The Life" . . .

Happy Mother's Day!!

I awoke feeling so very lucky today. Before the boys & I even rolled out of bed, we were webcamming with Ben. He made it back to his "home" which means we can webcam & see him. It's been a long couple of weeks without seeing his face. Brent went crazy with excitement! We continued to talk for almost 2 hours. It was so nice!

I am such a lucky mother. Together with the plant that Ben sent, I was given such sweet things today. Tery, my sweetest, most cherished friend sent me a fun card with chocolate! PERFECT! Jen, my favorite sister-in-law, and my mom also sent cards with nice thoughts. Thanks to Jessica, I even had a card to open this morning that had the boys scribbles inside. Such a thoughtful thing to do while she was here. These things all started my day with a huge smile.






We had made plans to go to a fair in Macon, GA today with Aunt Carol & Chelsea (they must not be sick of us yet!). We decided to meet at Panera for a bite to eat before the trip. What sweet boys to take their momma out for breakfast!






The Macon "Georgia State Fair" was a bit disappointing. We unloaded the boys and headed in. Grabbed a little lunch, walked the Midway, went near the petting zoo, heard a little bit of a good band and then left. Brody loved sipping on the Lemonade while we walked around and Brent was busy pointing at the different rides and screaming at any animal we came near. While this was promoted as the "State Fair," from what the Walker's say, the "National State Fair" that is held in the fall in Perry, GA is really the one to go to. We look forward to it.
After spending only about an hour at the fair, we headed back to the car for some diaper changes and to figure out where else we should go since we made the drive to Macon. We decided on an outdoor mall. It was a nice afternoon of shopping. I was introduced to "Charming Charlie". A store with tons of gaudy junk jewelery. What a great place! We then ate dinner at "Five Guys". YUMMY!! And made our way home.
The boys both slept on the way home but by the time we pulled into the driveway, Brody was awake. I carried Brent in and put him into his bed, dirty clothes & dirty face. I thought I would just put Brody into his PJ's and into bed but he just wouldn't have it. So, he played very nice while I got ready for bed. Once I was done, I laid him in bed and he was sleeping within minutes. Such a good boy.
Ben's picture was posted on Facebook by his Brigade. I am so proud of him for finishing up yet another round of training. He's not going to be doing the job he was hoping for but we both know that things happen for a reason and God has a great plan for him. Today was a rough day for me missing Ben. I feel like I've been doing really, really well but today, I just wasn't "strong." Lots of tears later and I still miss him terribly but I have never been so proud of my man. I owe so much to him and I'd like to say a special "Thank You" to the man who made all my dreams come true. Especially my most desired dream, to be a mom. A role that I knew I was born to fulfill. Thank you for our boys Babe!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment